Monday 22 April 2013

Poetry Club Pass Around Poems

We wrote these poems in our second Poetry Club meeting, as pass-around poems.

LOVE
love you see when people hold hands
love you hear like the wind
love you smell when two people stare 
love can't be written in a book
love can't be broken 
love is harmony and joy
love is when you love someone
love will come to all but not all at once 
love is what brings us all together a one

FUN
fun is, lying in the sun,
but not when you have to run, 
from big and tall,
so that's what makes me feel small,
i want real fun for everyone!,
friends make me feel happy,
with them real fun can happen,
adventures and games aren't far away when friends are all around
i don't want to go away!

EMOTIONS
sad,
mad,
happy,
glad,
is a description for emotions,
silly,
scared, 
funny,
fun,
emotions are just that!,
also you can feel creeped out like when your going to school and your neighbor comes out and collects the newspaper in their underwear!
there are also random emotions that just burst out of your mouth when you aren't aware of it.

PUPPY
puppies are like a warm cup of hot chocolate after a cold nippy snowstorm,
a puppy's lick is like a breath of fresh air,
a puppy's heart is as big as an elephant,
they offer you comfort,
and puts the home in house,
i love my puppy and i always will!
it's jowls are like a wave melting from the ocean under a beautiful sunset,
life without my puppy would be like i couldn't find myself,
i'd be LOST,
puppies are awesome,
puppies are cool,
puppies are playful and so are you!

HOPE
hope is what wakes you up in the morning,
hope is like a Caterpillar pushing out of its cocoon,
hope is what you want in the world,
hope has no limit,
you might have glass and bumps but hope is what makes you,
hope is joyful,
hope is fun,
hope is mom,
hope is dad,
hope is you,
hope is soccer,
hope is you,
you,
you,
and you,
hope is what tucks you in at night!

WATER WATER
is so cold and refreshing,
i can feel it everywhere,
it's like a new life to life to live,
water is in a glass and texture of silk,
water water is so peaceful.

LOVE
you have such a big heart,
you're kind and fun and really smart,
you always find the time to play,
i want to be like you someday,
love is like the stars there are thousands of them but you'll have to treat them well,
so listen well,
you'll need to know that love will grow and grow!,
love is strong and weak,
love can be lots of different things,
love is as strong as a ton of medal bars,
it is love,
love is everything,
to me!

CIRCLES
a circle,
no beginning or end,
 it's just there
 it can expand and shrink,  
but can not break,
there is room for everyone,
there is room for anyone,
it is open,
it has enough space for anything,
but anything is not everything,
and something will be left out!,
a circle,
so smooth,
they have no grooves,
circles bounce,
they are painted ones and not painted ones,
a circle so smooth, smooth, smooth
circle
 
THE GLISTENING STAR
at night,
when i look up at the sky,
i see thousands of stars,
but there's one i always see,
sometimes i wish upon it,
and hope my wildest dreams,
will come true,
will they?
i hope they do,
so they must come true,
my heart and everything else depend on it,
all i want is,
to get my wish to live forever so i can see that stuff forever.

THE DAY IS DAWNING
the day is dawning,
the lights are leaving the ever vacant sky,
my heart yearns for the night,
the sky is purple,
and pink,
i look up and i can see my reflection.

THE TREE THAT BRANCHES TO ME
my tree holds me and cradles me,
in the sun,
it trusts me and i trust it,
but sometimes i don't,
sometimes I'm scared,
unhappy,
and afraid,
it could break at any moment,
i could fall,
i love that tree,
it has green,
red,
yellow,
and orange,
leaves on its head,
and bright brown bark \
the colour of chocolate on it's neck,
it's roots shape around the ground,
breathing in carbon dioxide,
into our world,
who would want to hurt this tree?,
it does so much for us,
offering us the gift of air,
so thank you tree,
my tree holds me,
and cradles me,
from storms,
don't take it away from me,
i love my tree,
and it loves me,
so,
thank you tree.

MY DOG IS
my dog is fast at running,
my dog plays,
my dog is fun,
he is my best friend.

DREAMS
they walk,
they talk,
they sing,
they dance,
they are your dreams,
you don't always remember,
but you know they happened,
they are sometimes,
happy like the sun,
or as sad and scary,
as death!
but they are there if you want or not,
they are sometimes fantasy,
or as real as life,
they twist,
and turn,
you meet people you know and people you don't know,
people you like and people you don't like,
life is a lot of fun  but sometimes it isn't,
a dream could pounce at any moment,
but only when you're asleep.

MY LIFE SO FAR
my life so far is poor,
I'm living under a tree,
I've been eating cocoanuts for the last 50 days,
my head is aching,
with thoughts of the future,
will i survive?
 I'm slowly moving forward one step at a time,
i feel dead,
depressed
life has no meaning for me,
but it does for yours,
so you love your life,
 and,
 I'll try to love mine.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment